Friday 17 June 2011

My Motion Tracking

Firstly I created 2 null objects, these are used to apply tracking data to, and appear invisable in the render, a great helper tool.
At first I worked with the full footage, this required two seperate tracks, as the camera pans up the tracker will disappear off the frame, which if course is undesirable.

As the camera is shakey, hand held, the rotation must also be tracked, you can see my tracking controls at the bottom right of the After Effects window.  Now I had to choose the track points, high contrast parts of the image.




Here is the result of the first track, applied to the null object.  You can see the key frames in the timeline window, and in the comp video window.  
Next the tracking was repeated for the second part of the video, begining from the point the first track disappears from the viewable frame.


Heres the two nulls with tracking data applied, you can see in the timeline that the 2nd null tracking data starts on the keyframe where the 1st tracking data ends, now in order to create a seemless track between the 2 pieces of data, I parented the 1st null to the 2nd.

Finally i move the timeline to 6.16 seconds, the same frame I used when taking the still image from the footage to create the matte.  Now I know its lined up correctly, I can parent the image to the 1st null to create the set extension effect, ho ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment